Laboratory Medicine today is a Super Specialized area with diversified Operations. GNDSSH offer patients the best diagnostic care available without diverting their focus from core healthcare services. The laboratory services at GNDSSH comprises a reference diagnostic clinical laboratory, which includes advanced Molecular biology, Human Cytogenetics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Serology, Histopathology, Cytopathology, Haematology, Metabolic disorders, Toxicology and Transfusion Medicine.
The labs are equipped with state-of-the-art, fully automated chemistry and hematology analyzers. Comprehensive testing capabilities include clinical diagnostic tests covering various fields of medical specializations.
The Biochemistry and Haematology laboratory services provide a rapid and comprehensive analysis of the chemistry and cellular components of blood and body fluids. This is achieved by accurate random access chemistry analyzers, specialized immuno-analyzers, automated coagulation analyzers and automated CBC and 5-part differential hematology instruments. Results after verification by competent staff can be viewed at all terminals located in wards and outpatient departments. Automated workflow is the standard procedure in the laboratory. Automation allows for the standardization of test procedures, eliminates operator variation and increases the speed, accuracy and precision of the analysis.
Histopathology and Cytopathology are the science concerned with the study of microscopic changes in diseased tissues, body fluids etc. Here the tests like biopsy, FNAC, immuno-histochemisty etc are done. Automated tissue processing and a highly skilled staff in the histology laboratory ensure excellent quality tissue sections and a rapid turnaround time for reporting biopsy results.
Microbiology and Serology labs provide services for the diagnosis of infectious diseases of a bacterial, viral, parasitic, fungal or tubercular nature. In addition to routine diagnostic methods, automated systems aid in the rapid detection of infectious agents in blood or body fluids. Serological investigations are also performed for a variety of infectious agents including viral agents such as HIV and Hepatitis viruses. Automated systems for identification of microorganisms and their susceptibility to antimicrobials further expedite reporting which may be life saving for patients.
- 24 X 7 Lab Service with well qualified technical staff.
- Laboratory of 3 decades – Time tested & Trusted.
- Headed by medically qualified personnel in each department of Biochemistry, Haematology, Histopathology & Cytology , Clinical Pathology and also in Microbiology, Immunoserology.
- Strength: Interpretation of results in Clinical context and providing guidance.
- Special Investigations to cater to Paediatrics, Nephrology and Endocrinology , Haematology possible with following equipments like – Osmometer , Nephlometry, Blood Gas analyzer, CLIA ( 4th Generation Electro Chemi Luminescence –Immunoassay, Fully Automated Elisa Analyzer & Blood Culture System with Automated Sensitivity Reader.
- Semen analysis & IUI preparation as per WHO guidelines.